Fitment of a hydraulic steering lock has NOTHING to do with the ENGINE itself. So if you have a Mercury Engine it has nothing to do with the steering system. Its all about which hydraulic steering system you have.
A good guide of common fitment is: (but recommended to measure first)
- Seastar steering systems - Usually 4" steering locks 3/4" Diameter (most common) (These clips come standard with the DD26 Gen 2 Mean Stops)
- Seastar extra heavy tournament - Usually 4" steering locks with 7/8" diameter
- Baystar steering systems - Usually 3.75" steering locks with 16mm Diameter
- Mercury steering systems - Usually 3.75" steering locks with 16mm Diameter
- Uflex steering systems - Usually 3.75" steering locks with 20mm and 16mm Diameters. Measure first.
These second generation clips do not fit first generation mean stops!